April Beginnings




Good afternoon. I hope you're having a great week so far.

I received the new Simon Says Stamp April 2018 card kit Beautiful Day.  This kit is AH-maz-ing!!!  So much is packed into it.  The large 6x8 stamp set has such beautiful butterflies and hand lettering (you can find it here Beautiful Day Stamp Set). And, the 6x6 stencil is just as perfect (find it here Simon Says Stamp Stencil Butterflies)! Also, who can resist 2 of the new full size Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks included with the kit.

Unfortunately, the kit is sold out.  But you can purchase everything in the set separately if you wanted to pick and choose what you want.  The stamp set is on reserve until April 19th.



I had so much fun making these two cards with the kit.  The Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow paper pad is so colorful and fun (find the paper pad here Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow).  They really pop when added to any color card base.


For the first card I used a white background rainbow paper.  I cut it out using a stitched rectangle die and then cut three circle to make windows.  On my card base I used the new distress oxide inks that came with the kit, Squeezed Lemonade and Mermaid Lagoon.  I also added Twisted Citron distress ink.  Then I stamped the images in the windows.  I love the sentiment "I adore you".
I white heat embossed the butterflies.  I popped the focal panel with some 3M tape. And now there needs to be shimmer!!  I used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen to add some sparkle and lighten up the distress inks.






For the second card, also my favorite, I used the Simon Says Stamp Island Blue card stock for my card base.  Then added another rainbow pattern paper cut to 4 x 5.25 to give a nice border around the edges.  I stamped two butterflies and a leaf stem from the stamp set and colored them with Arteza Real Brush Pens.  I fussy cut the butterflies and leaf (there isn't a die set for the stamps yet). I added the "have a beautiful day" sentiment and the swoop for the flying butterfly.  I added 3D foam squares under the wings of the butterflies to make them pop off the card.  I absolutely love how this came out!
Oh, and there has to be some sparkle.  I added the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen to some parts of the wings.



Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today.  I hope you come back for some more inspiration and fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog 6th Birthday Blog Hop

May - Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #121

April Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #120 - Male Call