Distress Inks and Block Smooshing Technique



Hi there.  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  It's my daughters 9th birthday during this weekend and I had a house full of giggling girls.  And, it was a sleepover party.  Lord help me! But, my daughter loved it and she had so much fun, so I guess that's all that counts.

This week I'm using an ink smooshing technique with an acrylic block.  I seen this done so many times and it comes out so cool, thought I'd give it a try.  I used a 4.25x5" acrylic block to smoosh Distress Inks (Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserve), I added water on top of the ink until it beaded up and then turned it over onto distress watercolor paper.  I let it sit for about 10 mins before I took the block off.  Even though it wasn't dried, I used my heat tool to finish drying and set in the color.  I did this twice to get a deeper color.


I didn't get the result with yellow or green that I wanted to, so I used SSS Bright Yellow for a card base and  SSS Emerald Green Glitter cardstock for the shadow of the Big Thanks wafer die.
I added a black strip for the sentiment and finished off the card with some Studio Katia Crystal Rainbow Confetti.

I love how the color has a textured look to it.  And, I love the how the glitter paper pops.


Hope you try this technique.  You can use any blocks you have to create a look like this.  It's so easy and creates such a unique look.

Have a great weekend!!

Renee
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog 6th Birthday Blog Hop

May - Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #121

April Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #120 - Male Call