May - Kind Heart card kit from Simon Says Stamp

Hi there.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  It's Friday and the weekend is finally here! I thought it would never come.

Today's post is about the beautiful May card kit from Simon Says Stamp called Kind Heart.  It is full of so many amazing goodies.  There are two stamp sets.  The Everything Together stamp set is 6x8 with gorgeous lettering. The picture above shows an A2 sized card and how the largest stamp fills up the card.  It's truly stunning!



I used emboss resist technique on the card front.  I added VersaMark ink and then embossed using a glitter embossing powder to give it a sparkly effect.  After that, I used Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink to cover most of the card front and then wiped away the ink to reveal the prettiness. I love using this technique when I want a solid background for bold lettering stamps.




I used one of the sheets from the Pinkfresh studio paper pack that was included in the kit and cut it into strips. I added those to a Neenah Desert Storm card base.  Then I added the wave line stamp in white pigment ink for some contrast.
I love way this card came out.  It looks very natural.










                                               
My next card is a simple one layer card but so pretty.  I used another sheet of paper from the Pinkfresh studio paper pack.  I love the blue background on the paper.  I did a very simple die cut inlay for the stamped part using a scalloped edge die from my stash.  Then I added some of the epoxy heart stickers, again, from Pinkfresh Studio.  I tried to pull out some of the leafy colors from the paper.  Finally I added some Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets to finish off the card.  Like I said, simple but so pretty.


For my last card, I used the second stamp set included with the kit.  This is a 3x4 stamp set called Take Heart.  I tried my hand at water coloring for this stamp.  This is definitely out of my comfort zone.  But I just had to try it. I embossed the black ink so I could keep within the lines of the stamp.  I cut it out using a scalloped edge dies from Sugar Pea Designs Card Front Element Builder set.
The May kit comes with a beautiful word die "heart" and the shadow die. I added some shimmer with a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen.  LOVE that shimmer!! This card was also finished with Pretty Pink Posh clear droplets.



I absolutely love this kit for this month!!  So many elements to use to make such pretty cards.
Unfortunately, it is sold out but the elements of the kit are sold separately if you wish to purchase.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.  Until next time, I hope your days are filled with many blessings and much love.

Renee
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog 6th Birthday Blog Hop

May - Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #121

April Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #120 - Male Call