Using Your Stash





Hi everyone. Happy Monday. Today's post is about using your stash to create fun cards. I have a pretty small budget for crafting.  I try to keep my purchases to my monthly budget and that means skipping out on a lot of things, especially most new releases. Sometimes I just have to be patient and wait til I have enough money saved to buy from that release.  And, it KILLS me!!! ugh!

However, it does give me the opportunity to go into my stash and use the items that I already have.  Using my stash makes me look at things in a different way.  Coming up with designs, using patterned paper, and stamps & dies I already have challenges me to be more creative. 

I made these cards with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge in mind.  The theme this week is Red,White and/or Blue.  And, since the challenge started on 4th of July, a card with stars was so appropriate.  I knew I had some patterned paper left over from previous card kits. I pulled out some star wafer dies and a couple of stamps sets.

Let's begin.

All of the cards have the same elements just in different patterns with different sentiments. I used some patterned paper from the May and June SSS card kit for all three cards.  The blue is a pretty watercolor from Modascrap and the Red stripe is from Pink Fresh Studios.  I used the SSS Wonky Rectangle Dies to create my focal panels.  Then I used Cas-ual Friday Star Fri-dies to cut the stars in the focal panel.  I did an inlay of both papers to create some contrast.  

For this card I added a sentiment from SSS Everyday Sentiments.  




For the second card I used the SSS Birthday Messages stamp set.



And for the third card, I used Hero Arts Thanks Stamp & Cut die.  I cut it out three times and layered them to create dimension. I added another sentiment from the SSS Everyday Sentiments mentioned above.  

I finished all of the card with Studio Katia foil stars and added some Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard to some of the stars.

I hope you like the cards and this sparks your creativity to use your stash to make something wonderful.

Have a great week!

xoxo
~Renee

Comments

  1. Wonderful cards Renee! I love all the lovely stars and the designs are lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog 6th Birthday Blog Hop

May - Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #121

April Love to Scrap Challenge Blog #120 - Male Call